Taft’s Environmental Practice consists of experienced trial lawyers providing nationally recognized services across a wide range of industries. Our lawyers have real courtroom experience and are equipped to handle complex litigation matters, offering our clients a competitive advantage.
Taft has a deep bench of environmental lawyers with impressive combined years of experience. We have five environmental partners who have been practicing since CERCLA was passed in 1980 giving them a unique perspective on the law and changes in the industry. Our Environmental Practice is supported by other Taft practice areas consisting of more than 300 attorneys who provide legal services across a full spectrum of law. This wide range of experience is available to our clients and offers them one law firm capable of handling all of their legal matters.
Our practice group has broad industry experience including utilities, chemical, manufacturing, auto, and energy. We provide legal services at a local, regional, and national level, working with clients across the U.S. Our geographic location allows us to offer this national level of experience at Midwestern rates, providing additional value to our clients.
Taft’s Environmental Practice provides services in the areas of:
- Trial practice
- Superfund defense and negotiation
- Enforcement defense
- Cost-recovery for plaintiffs and defendants
- Criminal environmental defense
- Environmental insurance
- Toxic tort litigation
- Mold and sick building litigation
- Lawsuits involving environmental problems discovered as a result of real property transfers or mergers and acquisitions
- Brownfields redevelopment
- Defense of claims of occupational exposures
- Administrative proceedings before state and federal agencies
- Agricultural issues involving CAFOs, CFOs and wind power
To learn more about Taft’s Environmental Practice, please click here.